Sunday, August 10, 2008

The downsides of sizing down

So losing weight is all happy jumpy time. Well, not really. It's just like every other day only my knees don't hurt as bad and I can actually wear horizontal stripes. I still don't like wearing most plaids. I feel like look like a picnic table bench.

Well, tonight came a time of downsizing downsides. My leather jacket - or rather my leather biker jacket is too big. TOO BIG.

Mind you, I've never owned a motorcycle. And I don't plan to own one. I'm uncoordinated as it is (have you seen me try to play the drums on Rock Band?... on EASY? Comedy gold).

We were joking tonight that I'd look pretty funny with a leather biker jacket if I were to ever get scooter. We'll, I'd have to get a new jacket.

I've had this leather jacket since my sophmore year of college. Again, didn't own a motorcycle. It was sort of trendy to have one back then, at least in the circle of friends I hung around - which is to say the people at the theatre department. I fit into it back then and kept it even when I became rather Hobbit-like (at least in carriage, if not in stature), hoping I'd fit into it again some day. Well, I shot past that goal. Yay me. Now I make a sad face contemplating whether I'll just go and sell it.

This is a theme that's reared its unfortunate head a few times now. A number of my favorite articles of clothing are too big. Yes, I'm fortunate to be saying that. It's bittersweet.

Speaking of Hobbits, I've been watching The Lord of the Rings these last couple of nights. The TV I tend to watch has wound down. It looks to be coming back soon; last night I saw an NBC commercial that featured some of the actors from Heroes. While we all way for the Fall shows to start up (again), the new recordings on my DVR have been reduced. Ghost Hunters International pales (haha) in comparison to its parent show. Eureka is fun but disjointed (the throughline is really blah this season) and the rest is reality TV that's mainly there for my wife but still serves as a welcome distraction.

So, I've jumped back into watching some Peter Jackson goodness. The movies still hold up EXTREMELY well.

I still have a BUNCH of movies to see this summer. Date night needs to come back in a big way. The Dark Knight, Hellboy II, Hancock, The Incredible Hulk, Prince Caspian...

No comments: