Monday, August 18, 2008

2 Dollar Pants

So last Saturday, we had an agenda:
  • Go to WW for the weekly meeting.
  • Pick up some household necessities at Target nearby.
  • Head down to Kent to take X to see the new Star Wars movie.
We're passing the time in between various errands on Saturday morning and we stop at the Value Village nearby. Given that T has an added discount, we can find a lot of stuff for under $50 or so. I had a bit of bad luck, hoping that I'd find a couple pairs of pants, maybe some shorts, perhaps a nice zip-up hoodie. I did happen to find a cool-looking "American Skate Company" t-shirt (their logo is a bit questionable but not horrid and the shirt is really comfortable) and a pair of Abercrombie & Fitch pants.

Normally, wouldn't go into A&F. The music inside is OK, but loud (they do that on purpose so just the kids go in) and the walls are plastered with images that ... well, they don't help send a message of good self body image... and they border on soft core teen porn, IMO. I know I'm not alone in that sentiment.

Anyway. Despite the issues with their branding, the pants are really well-made. It's a nice thick, but breathable cotton and it has the side-pockets on the legs that I like so much (mostly for holding my PDA phone) The price on the tag (which was already crazy low and one of the main reasons I grabbed them), minus the discount, the grand total for thes pants came in around $5.

So we go through the rest of the day and take the stuff home. I run them through the wash, fold them up and set them aside for today. I push my keys into my pocket this morning and pull out $3.

$2 pants.

Huzzah.

1 comment: