Saturday, April 01, 2006

Kent... Uh, hurrah?

Went to see "Ice Age 2" with Dad and the kid today. We went to the new AMC down in Kent. It was a pretty nice theater... but it was still downtown Kent.

The "mall" it was a part of definitely caters to teenagers - GameStop, Hot Topic, Zumiez and PacSun were all right within sprinting distance from the theater doors. Maybe I'm just hung up on the fact that I've always thought of gang-bangers as miscreants. Geez, I'm even using big words. I feel old.

Regardless, I like these open-air courtyard-type malls, or "Foosgangerzonen" (pronounced 'FOOS-ganger-tsoe-nen" ... aka pedestrian areas). They give a nice open urban feel, but still remain somewhat enclosed and less metropolitain... again, this is downtown Kent we're talking about here.


Also included a shot of me and the kid rough-housing in his room. He likes to make a running tackle and I usually oblige. Lately, though, my knees have been aching pretty bad, which results in less "roughing around." My lower back was also in a knot on Friday, but that's because he wouldn't go to sleep Thursday night. I had to lift him up and put him back in bed at least a couple dozen times before he finally settled down and went to sleep. Again, I feel old.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: