Tuesday, July 15, 2008

E3 has begun

I don't get to go to these tradeshows. My job's too busy on a day-to-day basis to handle such outings. The fact that I'm going to be in downtown Seattle and fairly disconnected next week is a little disturbing in and of itself. But, while I'm doing a zillion other things, I can at least keep track of what other people are seeing via the web.

Yesterday's Microsoft presentation was a doozy. The new interface was revealed, as was a partnership with Netflix and a sleugh of new games. Kotaku has a decent recap of the big stories for MS from yesterday. Probably the story that got the most buzz was that Final Fantasy XIII is no longer a Sony-console exclusive.

There are some really great trailers out now, including one for the new Prince of Persia game that's flat-out gorgeous. And the Gears of War 2 trailer was pure crazy genius.

I'm hoping Lips will be a success. It promises to be a fun game.

No comments: