Sunday, August 05, 2007

A non-typical Sunday

Friends and family came over for a birthday party and far too much food. I think we have enough cooked hot-dogs left over to last us for a month... let alone the ones that remain uncooked.

One of the hits of the day was a helmet my brother brought over.




The little lady also did her daddy proud. She's getting started early.



We've got a plethora of purple coneflowers in the yard that seem to attract local, fuzzy bumblebees. If they're not taking a drink, we find them taking a nap. I got a nice close-up of this one having a few winks... Do bees wink?

I was a bit worried about the exposure because the sun was setting and dusk was rapidly approaching. Things on this one turned out OK. It was the best of a few snapshots. Not the biggest of the bunch of bumbles in the garden, but it was at least the cleanest shot.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: