Thursday, May 18, 2006

Update (05.18)

So much to talk about... so let's get started.

Well, the big electronic entertainment expo (aka "E3") nearly did us in over here at work. The overtime will be nice, but man, was I tired this weekend.

Here's a shot of me on the battlefield.



Seeing as how that whole week revolved around the Xbox 360 and how we were knocking 'em dead at the expo, I found it humorous that when I left work on Friday night, my "miles-to-next-fueling" meter read as follows:



And right after E3 wrapped up, the wife and kid and I all hopped into the minivan and travelled over the mountains to Ellensburg to check out a special "alumini preview" of their new children's tour play. "The Fool of the World" was about a young Russian boy who everyone treated like a fool, but who - through determination and belief in himself - wound up marrying the Tzar's daughter.

First stop, though, was Perkins... similar to other Denny's style establishments, this is a longstanding favorite to gather when visting friends in "the 'burg."




While we were there, we did some socializing and everyone let the kids run around for a bit to get them ready for sitting down in the theatre.

Here's X pretending to be a dog. Fetch, puppy! Get the stick!



He managed to sit still and remain an attentive audience member the whole way through. Very proud of that kid.

Sadly, there aren't any pictures from Mother's Day. We both got the flu and had to cancel all our plans for the day. Thankfully, X didn't get sick and was able to go over to his Grandma's house for dinner and a bit of socializing.


On an unrelated note, I'm now off caffeine since Monday. It's nothing but plain and seltzer water from here on out.

Mmmm... Spongebob carrots.

No comments: