Tuesday, March 07, 2006

After the weekend...

Another shot of the water-rock installation at my brother's company's office. I need to take some more shots of the grounds and interior. Hopefully I'll remember to do this when I head over and help complete the work on their network.

I had a bit of a scare tonight when rebooting the computer. I got the scary "NTLDR is missing. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart" message. I tried following the instructions I could find by Googling the problem, but nothing seemed to work. The computer wouldn't boot up to windows unless I had the XP disc in the DVD drive. After a bunch of different attempts to fix the problem, I poked a little deeper into the computer and found out that my BIOS had mysteriously changed the boot priority between the two hard drives. Bizarre.

We had dinner with the 'rents over at Country Buffet. The place is hit-and-miss with me (usually a miss). One of those "it's not how good it is, but how much you get of it" places. Silly thing is that I wasn't always the pessimist with these sorts of places. I remember going to the "Royal Fork" with great fondness. Perhaps it's because the last time I went to that particular establishment, I was the grandchild instead of the parent.

2 comments:

MrKidney said...

Hahahha...The Royal Fork. Man, what happened to that place.

Anonymous said...

I remember the Royal Fork and the Golden Corral. No Gold...No Corral just overcooked food, brown lettuce, burnt macaroni, and soft serve ice cream...OH MY GOD I MISS IT!