Sunday, February 04, 2007

Willkommen

Two days and two showers. T's exhausted. I was planning on heading over to Home Depot to grab some hardware for the house (new lighting switches, new outlet switches, maybe some drawer hardware) but with her so tired, someone needs to watch X if I'm out (and he's in no disposition to go out with me today).

Our little girl got quite a nice haul over the weekend. And now, all the clothes are sorted and the various toys and other goodies are organized and ready for arrival.

Here are some shots from yesterday's event. I think there were almost as many kids there as there were grown-ups.


Lo-lo

Little Lolo (above) is such the princess...

V & S

My good friend V came to the shower with her daughter. It'd been at least a year since we'd last seen them. V and I went to high school prom together and I've known her since I was sixteen. For those are reading this who aren't aware of the crazy six-degrees-of-Sauce thing going on here... V and I met while working in summer theater... the same theater that T later worked at before she started working where she is now. The company she's working at now is owned by V's in-laws and V's husband used to be one of T's co-workers. Like I said... small world.

Blond(e)s and Blues

Aren't those two kids just cute (don't get any cheeky ideas... they're only 3... )? Well, I'm a bit biased about X. Of course I think he's a cute kid.

A couple of Bobs

The day before was my bro's birthday. We had some pizza and a heated game of laser tag. I found out that, despite my skills at first-person-shooter video games, I suck at laser tag. My sister in law pwned me big-time and my brother placed in the top three of a 7 on 6 game... I think I was ranked 12 or 13. Pretty pathetic. I think the key to my humiliation was that there's a tag sensor in the front of the gun (down the rather large barrel) and it's a really easy target. You need to play and avoid getting hit by raising your pistol right before you fire... or at least not having it right in the center of your mass like I had.

No comments: