Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Mustard...no, wait... Catch-up!

OK, so it's been a while. What's been going on? Well, other than being crazy busy at work, the weekends are the only time I have to relax and do anything remotely social. I need to get better at taking snaphots. Take last weekend, for example. While Saturday was all about doing nothing (yay!) we did head up to the Bro's house for some football and Xbox. He's now hooked up and able to play on Xbox Live... I'm just sorry that his first experience wasn't go great. He was getting pummeled in NCAA Footbal 07. I won't say what the score was. Let's just say that the spread at half time was more than a 2:1 ratio.

But here's some stuff I did get snapshots of:

A bunch of the extended family nearby got together for a Firefly marathon. Best damn show that ever got cancelled (curse you, Fox Television!) I think I made a few converts (aka "Browncoats") to the show. Since the 2nd season of LOST just came out on DVD, we'll probably have a marathon or two of that some time soon too.




It's really hard to see in this picture, but to the right of the TV is my very own Xbox 360. No more toting one home from work and only playing on the weekends!



If you look at the color of the walls in the two previous pictures, you'll notice that it's a fairly rich shade of blue. We're going to eventually paint the downstairs to a warm brown color. But first, we had to find some curtains we liked. I think we settled on these... for now. They at least provide the right color scheme.



Last Friday, there was a big meeting for the Xbox Live/Xbox.com team (the online service that lets you play games and do other cool stuff on the internet with your Xbox or Xbox 360). Here's Kidney lounging it up in the lobby of the meeting space. Although I'm no longer part of that group, they were still nice to acknowledge that I played a big enough part in helping make last year a big success and invited me to attend. We got to all cheer each other about our awesome success stories, see some jaw-dropping metrics and sneak-peek some stuff I can't talk about *grin*

No comments: